The Finished Cake

 The Finished Cake

A photo of the top of the finished cake


This was definitely one of the prettiest cakes I have made and I do feel that I achieved my goal of getting better at cake decorating. Does my cake look perfectly bakery smooth? No. Is it better than previous cakes? Definitely! I think that once I have some free time I will try this again, now knowing a few issues I had this round that I can avoid next time. Practice makes perfect and I think the only way to get that perfect bakery finish is to keep practicing! The inside of the cake looked spectacular. I really get now why removing the caramelization (the hardest step and the most disastrous one for me) is crucial in getting a beautifully clean inside to the cake. If I was baking a chocolate cake I would skip this step, but I have to admit it was worth it with this classic vanilla cake. 

Three photos of the finished decorated cake, two showing the icing and one showing the interior of the cake.


Comments